The festive season is not always a happy time for everyone, please remember there are lots of organisations that can offer you help and support.
Below are contact numbers for some extremely important helpline services – Whatever your are facing, you are not alone.
- Domestic abuse helpline – call 0800 027 1234 for confidential support from highly trained advisers
- Employers’ helpline – call Healthy Working Lives on 0800 019 2211 for practical workplace advice on health, safety and wellbeing
- Housing helpline – call Shelter Scotland on 0808 800 4444 for advice and answers on homelessness, evictions, housing benefit, repairs and more
- Parents helpline – call Parentline Scotland on 08000 28 22 33 for tips, advice and support for parents, or if you simply need to talk
- Rape Crisis Scotland helpline – call 08088 01 03 02 for confidential support, advice and information for anyone affected by sexual violence
- Helpline for elderly people – call Age Scotland on 0800 12 44 222 for coronavirus advice. help, or simply a friendly voice of support
- Mental health helpline – call Breathing Space Scotland on 0800 83 85 87 for listening, advice and information for people in Scotland feeling low, stressed or anxious
- LGBT health and wellbeing helpline – call LGBT Helpline Scotland on 0300 123 2523 for information and emotional support or simply a friendly voice