Our Homes2019-02-08T09:45:12+00:00

Our Homes

  • Enjoying-Family-Life
  • Todlaw-Development
  • Todlaw-Development
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

We have over 1700 homes in Berwickshire and in Berwick-upon-Tweed in a variety of sizes and locations – from single’s flats and family homes to bungalows adapted for disabled people and sheltered housing for older people. We keep investing in our homes to keep them in good condition and when we can, we build new homes in Berwickshire communities, creating more choices and more locations.


Apply for a Home

  • Acredale

Choosing a home is an important decision and at Berwickshire Housing Association we want to make it as easy as we can for you.  Just follow these 3 easy steps :

1. Register with us

Fill in a registration form which is available from any of our local housing offices or, you can enter your details on the Homehunt website at www.homehunt.info

2. Choose from any home and location advertised. Details of all our available homes appear:

  • In The Berwickshire News and Berwick Advertiser
  • On display in our Housing Offices in Duns and Eyemouth
  • On the Homehunt website
  • Call Freephone 0300 303 3884 and listen to recorded information about our available homes

3. Tell us

  • Apply for it by telling us your registration number and the property’s address, you can do so in person at any of our local offices, by phone, by post, or online
  • Make sure you apply before the closing date and time specified in the advert

Points to remember

  • Choose a property that is suitable to your needs – a family of six in a single flat or a young mum in sheltered housing would not be suitable
  • While you can apply for as many advertised homes as you want at the same time, we will assume the first choice you make is your preference. So put your top choice first and so on

If you have any questions or problems with our online service, please do not hesitate to contact our Allocations Team on 01361 884000 or email us.

Are You a Tenant Already and Looking to Move?


Mutual Exchange is where you can ‘swap’ a property with another tenant. You might want to do this because you want to live in another area or because you need more or less space than before.

If you are interested in a property please call 01361 884000 or email us

HomeSwapper is the UK’s leading mutual exchange service for social tenants in rented property, who want a house swap, flat swap or exchange their Housing Association House. This is like our own Mutual Exchange scheme but by joining HomeSwapper you can extend your search to anywhere in the UK. If you live in a council house or Housing Association property you can swap.

Any swaps being accepted by your landlord will be subject to certain criteria, but as a start you need to register on the Homeswapper website at www.homeswapper.co.uk.