Important update on the repairs service to your home
At the moment we are preparing with our contractors the additional safety and hygiene measures that need to be in place for non-emergency repairs to be carried out safely in your home, in line with the Scottish Government guidelines .
We are continuing to deal with emergency repairs as usual, and now non-emergency repairs can be carried out in your home from Monday 26th April 2021.
It may be that we cannot carry out all non-emergency repairs at the moment, because of contractors are not available or cannot get materials, due to the covid situation. If that is the case, we will take details and contact you to arrange the repair as soon as possible.
Our Repairs Team are contacting those tenants who have previously reported a repair and arranging suitable appointment times for the work to be carried out.
We are working to keep you, our staff and our contractors as safe as possible during this very difficult and unusual time, and thank you for your continuing patience.
The process for reporting a repair and precautions you need to take when the contractor arrives at your home, are the same as before :
How to report a repair?
There is no change to how a repair is reported, call our free phone repairs line 0800 652 8104.
What happens when I report a repair?
You will be asked the following questions. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, the repair will not be carried out in order to keep people safe.
- Have you been to an affected place in the last 24 hours? or
- Had contact with somebody with Coronavirus? or
- Do you have any symptoms?
What happens when the contractor arrives at your home to carry out the repair?
The contractor will ask the questions again, in case anything has changed. If it is safe to do so, the contractor will take these precautions:
- Operative’s will use hand sanitiser to sterilise their hands and wear latex gloves where possible prior to entering.
- Customers should open the door, then remove themselves to another room
- Operatives will enter the property, locate the fault and make safe and/or carry out any works.
- Once the service or repair is completed, the operatives will ensure the work area is left clean, advise the customer and leave the property.
- As soon as the operative is outside the property, they will remove and bag the gloves for disposal.
- Finally, the operative will use hand sanitiser to sterilise his hands.