Relief Independent Living Supervisor – As and when required
Location: Coldstream, Duns and Eyemouth
£8.75 per hour
As and when required
We are looking for a Relief Independent Living Supervisor to deliver a high quality support service within our Sheltered Housing schemes in Coldstream, Duns and Eyemouth, as and when required to cover holidays and sick leave
The principal purpose of the role is to:
- Support service users to live in their own home and to promote their independence at all times.
- Uphold the wishes, choices and preferences of service users and encouraging them to maintain skills, interests and activities.
- Promote social interaction and support to maintain links with friends, groups, relatives, neighbours and wider community. Liaise with other colleagues and various external agencies.
- Keep records up to date, factual and relevant taking in to account General Data Protection Regulations.
Tasks will vary depending on the support and re-ablement needs of the individual service user.
The successful candidate will:
- Be flexible and hold or be willing to obtain a SVQ L3 or equivalent and undertake mandatory training in manual handling, food hygiene, health & safety and protection of adults at risk.
- Have a sound value base in respect of the rights of people who are vulnerable and/or have a disability. Have full commitment to these individuals being at centre of decision making.
- Have a good personal manner, including telephone answering and dealing with face to face situations.
- Have the ability to deal with confrontational situations in a calm manner.
- Be courteous, effective and professional personal manner in all situations.
- Possess a naturally caring nature with good motivational skills.
- Be confidential, trustworthy, reliable and honest.
- Have an understanding of health and safety.
- Basic IT skills.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy then please download an Application Pack below and complete and return your Application Form to:-
The HR Department
55 Newtown Street
Marked “Private & Confidential”. Please note we do not accept CV’s as part of your application.
- Job Description – Word version
- Fair Processing Notice – PDF version
- Application Form Relief – Word version
- Application Form – PDF version
- Equal Opportunities Form – Word version
- Equal Opportunities Form – PDF version
If you are unable to download an Application Pack and would like one sent out to you, please contact Lynne Bryce on 01361 884000.