Our Financial lnclusion Team offers a free and confidential benefits and money advice service for tenants.
Our specialist advisers give advice on an individual basis, taking into account your personal circumstances, needs and challenges. We can provide an in-house service or outreach service in your own home.
Our team can assist you in all aspects of welfare benefits including :
- Checking your income and welfare benefit entitlement
- Helping you organise a personal budget
- Giving information about creditors (who you owe money to) and the actions they can take if you do not keep up with payments
- Explaining options for dealing with debts
- Explaining options to reduce fuel and household costs
- Negotiating with creditors on your behalf
- Helping you to put a repayment plan in place to deal with your debt
- Advising on Money Saving Tips
- Helping you to open a bank account
If you would like a free consultation or just to ask a question, please email us or telephone 0300 303 9696 (during office hours).
The following link from the Money Advice Service offers practical support and advice if you are claiming Universal Credit and finding it a struggle to manage your finances monthly.
You can find out how to:
- Track your spending
- Keep on top of bills
- Stay out of debt
Money Advice Service – Money Manager