Independent Living Supervisor (Gowanlea Court, Coldstream)
Hourly Rate – £9.00 per hour
10 hours per week, Part-time (5 hours Saturday, 5 hours Sunday), Temporary (initially for 6 months)
We are looking for an Independent Living Supervisor to work primarily within Gowanlea Court, Coldstream but also to cover at Boston Court, Duns & Linkim Court, Eyemouth if required.
The principal purpose of the role is to:
- Support tenants to live in their own home and to promote their independence at all times.
- Uphold the wishes, choices and preferences of tenants and encouraging them to maintain skills, interests and activities.
- Promote social interaction and support to maintain links with friends, groups, relatives, neighbours and wider community. Liaise with other colleagues and various external agencies.
- Keep records up to date, factual and relevant taking in to account General Data Protection Regulations.
Tasks will vary depending on the support and re-ablement needs of the individual tenant.
The successful candidate will:
- Be flexible and hold or be willing to obtain a SVQ L3 or equivalent and undertake mandatory training in manual handling, food hygiene, health & safety and protection of adults at risk.
- Have a sound value base in respect of the rights of people who are vulnerable and/or have a disability. Have full commitment to these individuals being at centre of decision making.
- Have a good personal manner, including telephone answering and dealing with face to face situations.
- Have the ability to deal with confrontational situations in a calm manner.
- Have a courteous, effective and professional personal manner in all situations.
- Possess a naturally caring nature with good motivational skills.
- Be confidential, trustworthy, reliable and honest.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Have an understanding of health and safety.
- Basic IT skills.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy then please download an Application Pack below and complete and return your Application Form to:-
The HR Department
55 Newtown Street
Marked “Private & Confidential”. Please note we do not accept CV’s as part of your application.
- Job Description ILS – Word Version
- Job Description ILS – PDF Version
- Application Form ILS – Word Version
- Application Form ILS – PDF Version
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form – Word Version
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form – PDF Version
- Employment Information ILS – PDF
- Employee Fair processing Notice
The closing date for this vacancy is 5pm on Tuesday 25 June.
If you are unable to download an Application Pack and would like one sent out to you, please contact Lynne Bryce on 01361 884000.